Medical, Travel and Accident Insurance

Overseas clients should use a New Zealand designated Medical examiner when applying for a New Zealand medical certificate.  These examiners are listed here.

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full cost of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly-funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at:

International students (including group students) must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.

Students will not be accepted without medical and travel insurance, and proof of this will be required on arrival. NAC will provide insurance if required. Cover is available through Southern Cross Insurance. If insurance is required please contact NAC prior to your departure so that travel to the college is covered.

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at: